I work from home about 75% of the time so I’m sharing tips as a remote employee during coronavirus.
If your job has moved to remote working during this crisis, these tips may help-
- Keep a schedule closely aligned with your regular schedule;
- Do not work in the bedroom to keep work/life separate;
- Find time to exercise – a walk around the block to get fresh air and a change of scenery;
- Make time for lunch. Sometimes, I blow right through lunch without realizing it because it’s so easy to do at home;
- Keep in touch with others. Working at home can be isolating so I make sure to call, text or video chat with some one during work breaks. And it might brighten their day!
- Use your normal commute time to pursue something that you would love to do but usually don’t have time for;
- Get dressed. It seems simple but it helps put me in the mindset for work.
I hope this helps! Any other suggestions that may assist others? Add yours as we adjust to this new “normal.” It is a blessing to be able to have to the option to work from when so many in the service and hospitality industries have not been able to. Stay healthy, maintain social distancing and until next time …🥂